Sunday, June 26, 2011

Week 12 Update

Last Tuesday we FINALLY reached WEEK 12! Hooray!

I have been writing in The Belly Book recording each week and the different events so I thought I would share a list of the things that totally repulse me and make my stomach churn at the thought of them:
Buttered Popcorn, Perfume/Cologne, egg salad, body wash from Bath and Body, Avocados, eggs, hot dog chili and my wife's scented Burt's Bees Chapstick.  What a crazy but funny list, huh?!

Tomorrow we have an appointment at 8:30am and will get meet with our new high-risk OB physician.
They have us scheduled for genetic counseling and an ultrasound - can't wait!  It has been 5 weeks since our last scan at 8 weeks - seems like forever.....

Last week I traveled for work from Sun-Wed, I ate as much protein and ice cream as I could and when I got home I had gained 3 pounds - I was so excited since I haven't gained a pound to date.  I am drinking Ensure and eating Clif protein bars and still trying like heck to reach that 3000 calories a day goal. I find it nearly impossible to digest that much food.  When I came back on Wednesday I ended up with a migraine that lasted until Friday. I was so so sick.  Wren did a great job of taking care of me, bringing me cold washcloths, sprite, Tylenol and Zofran.   Thank God after 3 days it went away. It must have been my hormones readjusting from going off the IVF meds at 10 weeks because I have done really well with only having one so far in our pregnancy.

Despite my lack of weight gain, my mid-section is certainly expanding. 

We also felt the babies for the first time on Friday, June 17th while relaxing in bed.
On my lower belly and my mid section you could feel light flutters which felt like butterflies on the palm of our hands - both Wren and I could feel them - it was amazing!!!!  I can't wait until they start kicking and moving around so I know they are ok - only a few more weeks :)

We are off to visit my parents later this week so looking forward to some R&R.  Wren has been so busy working, working, working that it will be nice to spend a couple of days together uninterrupted.  Can't wait!
Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at the chapstick comment. R's fruit flavored chapstick has been about enough to send me over the edge. She's been kind enough to switch to a different brand for the time being.

    Congratulations on making it to the end of the first trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you two ladies! I was at Chicago pride today and thought of all of the wonderful families who blog as I saw moms and dads with their children. You two give me hope. :) 12 weeks already! Its moving so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 12 weeks and the 3lb gain!!! 3000 calories is no joke...no wonder you're having a tough time getting there every day!! :)

    Belly pics?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I don't know what I would do without my burts bees chapstick! Poor Wren! But seriously, good for you on the 3lbs!! Can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes!

    ReplyDelete