Monday, March 28, 2011

April Fools Day

Today has been a looong day.... 3 states, 2 doctors and an April 1st - April Fools Day start for the Gonal F and Menopur!!!  Coincidence or not?!  I woke up at 6:00 and left to drive to MD for the first day of bloodwork/U/S at 7:15am  - the U/S showed a small cyst on my right ovary but only measured 1.33 and the tech said it was nothing to worry about.  I've never had a cyst in any ultrasound or scan so not sure where it came from or when it will leave??   We live in WV, the Doc is in MD and I work in VA  - I made it to work by 830 and the dentist called (I left a message asking for an emergency appointment last night as a piece of my tooth broke off).... after being at work for no more than 15 minutes I headed across town to see the dentist.  Two and a half hours later he had me put back together.  UGH - I HATE the dentist.  He had to reconstruct my tooth and ended up putting 3 pins in it and a pulp cap to prepare it for the crown I will need.  lovely.   I told him he wouldn't see me for at least 10 months until after we deliver a healthy baby.  Here's hoping the tooth holds up until then. (Thanks to those of you that left me a message encouraging me to go to the dentist - had I let it go it would have ended with a root canal)  Needless to say...I made it back to work around noon and worked for several hours. The nurse called around 3pm and my Estrogen Level was 53 and Progesterone was .2  -not sure what that means but she said it was perfect. That's the only thing about my day that was :)  I had a Board meeting for another agency tonight and just got home around 8:15pm.
I am off to sleep because I have State reviewers in my office the next 2 days - good times.  Super, Super exited to be on our IVF Journey.  My awesome wife made me Tortilla Soup so thank goodness I didn't have to cook when I got home...  off to bed!~  Happy Monday to you!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry for your bad day! I also HATE the dentist...actually I haven't been in over 2 years... that's how much I hate it. April fools days sound about perfect for the start of your meds!! Happy Monday to u too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh. sounds like a lot going on, but at least the tooth is patched up and you are ready for a smooth IVF cycle.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the tooth--but it sounds way better than a root canal! Exciting to start the meds so soon!

    ReplyDelete